Things are heating up as the NFL lockout is SUPPOSE to be ending Wednesday or Thursday and the excitement for free agency has begun. Free agency is scheduled to begin on the 28th of July. Already, the buzz is going crazy, as many agents are starting all kinds of rumors trying to build up their client’s value. Here is a little up to date recap of a couple of things that have been going around the rumor mill.
Jason LaCanfora (NFL Network) – Said on NFL Total Access that the Miami Dolphins will set the market for Reggie Bush
- LaCanfora also said that Tarvaris Jackson will also be on the Dolphins radar.
- Said on Espn's the Herd that Miami Dolphin will make a splash right away for a running back
- Adam Schefter on the The Herd said Pitt, Mia, NYG, and Tampa all potential suitors for Bush and that he isnt likely to return to the Saints
Peter King (Sports Illustrated)
- Also made his statements on NFL Total Access saying he believe Donovan McNabb will be a Miami Dolphin
- Appearing on NFL Network Total Access Monday, SI's Peter King said he'd be "surprised" if the Vikings were able to re-sign free agent Sidney Rice.
Plaxico Burress (WR)
- On Sid Rosenberg’s show, Plax expressed his interest in playing for the Dolphins. Omar Kelly, however, stated that the feeling is not mutual from Miami.
Drew Rosenhaus (Super Agent)
- Stated on a Miami radio show that his client Ahmad Bradshaw would love to play for the Dolphins
- That being said, Bradshaw, on @1050espnNY, just said the #NYG are his "first option" in free agency. He said "I love New York more than anything."
- Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN's Mike & Mike says he has already planned out mock free agency situations for his clients
-Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN's Mike & Mike that teams have boards and plans already all set up for which players they will go after
Tim Hasselbeck (ESPN)
- Said that he expects his brother Matt to sign in Tennessee
Phoenix Beat writer Mike Jurecki
- Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 in Phoenix, reports that the Cardinals "are prepared" to offer Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie "straight up" for Kevin Kolb when free agency kicks off.
Pro Football Talk
- Reported that Kolb said on idea of going to Arizona: "I've obviously envisioned myself there"
Buffalo Beat writer
- Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 in Buffalo considers free agent Tyler Thigpen the "odds-on favorite" to be the Bills' backup quarterback this season.